This Privacy Statement answers the following questions:
- What information does The Cremo Cream Company gather about you?
- How does The Cremo Cream Company use your personal information?
- How do we use "IP addresses" and "cookies"?
- Will The Cremo Cream Company disclose any of your personal information?
- What kind of security measures do we take to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure?
- Will The Cremo Cream Company use your information for direct mailings?
- How do we respect children's privacy?
- What else should you know about your privacy?
What Information Does The Cremo Cream Company Gather About You?
The Cremo Cream Company collects information about our customers and web users so that we can provide a more interesting and useful service, as well as more appropriate advertising. We ask for your name, email address, and other personal information when you register to use certain features of our Web site, or if you sign up for special or personalized services, such as our email newsletters. We also may ask for this information at other times, such as when you enter contests or other promotions sponsored by The Cremo Cream Company and/or our partners. We sometimes conduct surveys as well, although you do not have to respond to them.
If you use our recommendation service to email one of our articles to a friend, you will need to provide us with your friend's email address and your email address as a return address. We will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached, as well as invite your friend to visit and register with us. We will not use these email addresses for any other purpose.
We collect IP addresses for site security and to help us understand how people use our sites so that we can improve our sites and our users' respective experiences. For similar quality reasons, we use a feature known as a "cookie." Cookies contain bits of information that websites transfer to your computer's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the Web more convenient by storing information about your preferences on a site. Although we may assign your browser a cookie, the cookie does not tell us who you are. Only you can tell us that. We discuss cookies later in this Privacy Statement.
When you place an order for a product or service, we need to know the sort of information typically used for credit card transactions, such as your name, mailing and billing addresses (and shipping address, if different), telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date. Gathering this information allows us to process and fulfill your order and notify you of your order status. When you purchase an email gift certificate, we ask for the recipient's email address in order to complete the purchase and send the certificate. We will also use your information to contact you regarding your order if necessary. We encrypt all of this information using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology.
We may also collect your email address when you submit content to our sites (for example, a contest entry, or a review of a product). Unless we get your approval, we will not display your address with your submission.
Besides cookies, we may also use tiny electronic images (called "single-pixel GIFs" or "Web beacons"), which allow us to count users who have visited specific pages or access certain cookies.
We may use single-pixel GIFs in the following ways:
- To count and recognize users.
- To conduct research on behalf of some partners on their websites, and for auditing purposes.
- To determine aggregate information about users, including demographic and usage information.
- To determine which email messages were opened and/or acted upon when we send HTML-formatted email messages (messages resembling Web pages that include graphics).
Advertising networks that serve ads on our site may also use single-pixel GIFs in their advertisements. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a Web page, including an ad banner, can act as a Web beacon.
How Does The Cremo Cream Company Use Your Personal Information?
The Cremo Cream Company collects personal information to provide you, the user, with the best and most personalized experience possible, and to provide our advertisers with an efficient way to reach the right audience. In short, by knowing a little about you, The Cremo Cream Company can deliver more relevant content and advertisements to you.
We conduct research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based upon the information you provide us when you register or participate in contests or other promotions on our site, or based upon the information on our server log files. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may also notify you of products, services, or areas of our site that we think may interest you based on the information we've received. If you would prefer us not to contact you for these purposes, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
In addition to helping us process your order, we use the information we collect from you when you buy a product or service from us so that we can provide you with an enhanced, more personalized shopping experience. We will also send you occasional discount alerts and notices about products and services that we think may interest you. If you would prefer us not to send you those notices, again, simply send us and email at email@example.com to let us know.
Sometimes we ask for personal information when providing special features and services. You do not have to give us that information, but without it, you may not be able to take advantage of those products or services. For example you may not be able to gain access to certain areas of our site unless you register and/or subscribe.
How Do We Use "IP Addresses" and "Cookies"?
Your Web browser or email application automatically provides your Internet Protocol address ("IP address") to other computers with which you communicate over the Internet, so that they know where to send you information.
We receive an IP address each time you view one of our Web pages, because the browser automatically reports it to us. We also may store the IP address when you register with The Cremo Cream Company, post a message, or buy something from us.
We may use IP addresses for various purposes, including:
- Diagnosing service or technology problems.
- Assessing and maintaining system security.
- Displaying the most appropriate advertising or content.
- Studying how people use our site and how we can improve it.
- Reporting to advertisers about aggregate, but not individual, information derived from IP addresses.
Cookies may be used on our sites in the following ways:
For more information about cookies, read the unofficial Cookie FAQ from CookieCentral.com.
Will The The Cremo Cream Company Disclose Any of Your Personal Information?
The Cremo Cream Company will not disclose any personally identifiable information about individual users, except as described in this Privacy Statement. Unless explained here, we do not give, rent, lend, or sell individual information.
As for individually identifiable information, we may disclose it only under the following circumstances:
- We may disclose information to others when we have your consent.
- If you buy something from us, we will disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill your order and charge your credit card (if applicable). We may use a fulfillment company to fill and ship your order (excluding products you download directly from our site) and a credit card processing company to verify your card number and process the transaction. For example, if you order a tube of Cremo Cream with your credit card, we need to give your address to the fulfillment house (so that it can ship the item to you) and your credit card information to the processing company (to confirm payment). We may also give your information to a delivery or postal service so that it can get your order to you.
- If you use our recommendation service to email one of our articles to a friend, The Cremo Cream Company will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached. The email address you give us will appear on the "From" line of the email, thereby disclosing this information to whoever opens and reads the email.
- We may disclose your personal information as required by applicable law, or in response to legal process, to protect the rights or property of The Cremo Company LLC, or to protect the safety of The Cremo Company LLC, our customers, or others.
- We may sometimes conduct mailings to other people's lists. To make it easier for us to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we may share our email list of people who have requested not to receive promotional communications from us with the list providers (or contractors) solely so that we can avoid sending emails to people who have asked not to receive them (or, conversely, so that our advertisers can avoid sending emails to people who have requested not to hear from them). We provide these lists only to list providers or contractors that we consider to be reputable, and only under strict nondisclosure/nonuse agreements.
- We may employ contractors or other third parties to help with our operations. We may give them access to databases of user information, so that they can perform their services for us, including performing system maintenance, displaying personalized content, performing list analysis or management, or sending mailings for us. These parties are all subject to confidentiality agreements that restrict their use and disclosure of information they obtain through their relationship with The Cremo Company LLC.
- Because we are one big, happy family, The Cremo Company LLC and its subsidiaries may share information for site administration or order fulfillment, and to notify you of products and services that may interest you.
What Kind of Security Measures Do We Take to Protect Your Information From Accidental Loss or Disclosure?
The Cremo Cream Company is committed to protecting your personal information. We store information you provide us on our secure servers. Further, the information you provide when making a purchase is encrypted with SSL technology.
Personalized areas of our sites are password-protected. Only you have access to these password-protected areas. Do not share your passwords with anyone. The Cremo Cream Company will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. If you are using a computer to which others have access, such as one in a computer lab, Internet cafe, or public library, always remember to log out and close your browser window when leaving our site.
Will The Cremo Cream Company Use Your Information for Direct Mailings?
If you register with The Cremo Cream Company or sign up for or buy any of our products or services, we will send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services that we believe may interest you. Our partners in co-branded products may also send you information, but only for those Cremo branded products.
If you do not want to receive such offers and mailings, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may send snail mail to The Cremo Company LLC, STE 104 PMB 70, Laguna Beach, CA 92651. We'll remove your name from our lists as soon as we can. Another way is to simply to click the unsubscribe link found in our email messages.
Please note: If you purchase products or services from us, or if you register for an account with us, we may contact you to confirm your purchase, or registration, or to provide you with information about its terms or features. You may wish to keep these transactional or relationship emails, to help you use our products and services.
How Do We Respect Children's Privacy?
Our sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. We operate our sites in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 13.
What Else Should You Know About Your Privacy?
If you post information on discussion boards and chat rooms that information, along with your screen name, is visible to the public. Please remember that whenever you disclose personal information publicly that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online where people can see it, people will know that information and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. If you do not want strangers to have your email address, you should not post your email address on a discussion board.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, The Cremo Cream Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. What does all of this mean? You must also protect yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online, especially when using a computer that other people can use also.
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time, but we will give notice of any material change (or any notices that we are required to give you) on our websites and/or in email messages.